- Students must be a junior or senior and must be enrolled full time in one of our Participating Colleges. Chicago Semester is a full time, full semester program; we do not admit students on a part time basis. Given the demands of classes and the 32 hour a week internship, it is not possible to hold a job while on the Chicago Semester program.
- 2.5 GPA minimum – General, BSW, or BSN students.
- 3.0 GPA minimum – Student Teacher, Urban Intensive Track, or for Honors Research program.
- Approval and recommendation from your advisor and campus administration (This may be the Off Campus Representative or CS Campus Representative, which may be different from campus to campus).
In order to access the application forms you must first provide your contact information below. Once the contact form is completed, you will be brought to the page where you can download the application forms. You will also receive an email with a link to that page so you can return to it later.
Contact your campus representative to see if there are any off-campus application deadlines specific to your school. Campus representatives must submit complete application packets to Chicago Semester by March 1 (fall semester) and May 1 (spring semester).
As part of the application packet, you must submit the following items to your campus representative:
- CS Application with required signatures
- Two completed Recommendation Form (preferably filled out by a professor and/or employer)
- Resume (Social Work students, please also submit an electronic copy to Nancy Fox.)
- Official Transcript
- Photograph (passport size preferred)
- Application Fee – nonrefundable $50 check payable to Chicago Semester. NO CASH. (the application fee is in U.S. Dollars; for Canadian rates, please multiply by the current exchange rate)
Admittance to Program
Once you have submitted all the required documents and your application has been approved by the college, the campus representative will send the complete application packet to the Chicago Semester office.
The Chicago Semester staff will review the applications and you will receive a letter regarding acceptance by May 1 (fall semester) and July 1 (spring semester). Your college’s approval to apply to the program does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
Within 30 days of the date of your acceptance letter, you must submit a nonrefundable $250 enrollment deposit to reserve your place (for Fall 2014 or Spring 2015). If you withdraw from the program after submitting the enrollment deposit, it cannot be refunded. Payments may be made by check to Chicago Semester or money order. NO CASH. (the enrollment deposit is in U.S. Dollars; for Canadian rates, please multiply by the current exchange rate)